1. If you think you really understand your spouse - then you need to rethink what you think.
2. People are male and female, this means we are different, God made that difference and anything God has made is a beautiful thing.
3. Take the time and effort to talk from your heart about how you are feeling and what you are thinking (this is very hard for Rob to do.)
4. You are a normal human and your spouse is normal human, do not burden your spouse with super expectations.
5. Many expectations you feel from your spouse are not real. Please see numbers 1 and 3.
6. Practice and put into practice the following statement, "I was wrong. Will you please forgive me." And don't add any "but"s to it.
7. Allow your spouse the freedom to be quiet.
8. Find some things your spouse appreciates and make a habit of regularly doing those things.
9. Have weekly dates with just you and your spouse (forever.)
10. Children are blessings from the Lord and many, many couples are unable to have children.
11. Children do not come on our timing, according to our schedule or with a temperment of our choosing.